Monday 22 July 2013

Celebration Butterfly


Hi, I enjoyed getting very inky with this card! 

I was inspired by the challenge over at Inkspirational where the theme is to CASE this fabulous card.


I love Ellen's card and she has a link to an amazing wax resist technique for her background. I've got wax paper and glossy cardstock on my shopping list!!

 As a substitute I used a background stamp I borrowed called Weathered by Stampin Up. (I think that's what it's called, thanks for the loan Amanda :))
I stamped in Versafine and clear embossed. Then blended distress inks in shades of yellow and orange. 

The butterfly is coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Odorless Mineral Spirit  and a paper stump. 
I diecut the greenery from snippets of green card and cut and pieced it to create the tendril shapes I wanted.
So I'm visiting the playground again at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

At Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, the DT are celebrating  their third anniversary, almost, and a move to their new site with the theme of Celebrate. Congratulations!

At Cuttlebug Mania, the challenge is to use  a manual die cutting machine like a Big Shot ( I have a cuttlebug), and any die or embossing folder to create a project with the theme of Fun in the Sun. These yellows, blues and greens remind me of a sunny day in the garden.

Materials used: Stampin Up Weathered stamp; Memory Box Cocoa Bean butterfly stamp; and Madeira Corner die; distress inks; prismacolor pencils; bling and sentiment sticker from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness what a BEAUTIFUL CAS version of the CASE! I LOVE that background stamp you used. Wish I had that one!!! Your butterfly is just stunning! Wonderful CASE of my card! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

sandie said...

wow Cathy this background is stunning, what a great stamp and love how you have embossed and distressed it-gives a great finsh. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

roffeycreations said...

The blue of another stunning butterfly is very pretty against the yellow background - and yes the name of the stamp is weathered you have done a great job using it... Mxx

MaryH said...

Cathy, these cards just keep getting more beautiful! This is a wonderful look, and thanks for the link. I'll check this one out. Recently saw some things done with Encaustic, but no supplies as yet. Still waiting to try out the Gelli plate. Then caught up with the Dylusions sprays. I'm always behind on the new techniques...but I learn a lot! TFS & have a great day.

rachel said...

Fabulous card - just beautiful. Love the background x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card Cathy, the backdrop is perfect for your dimensional butterfly which adds wonderful dimension to your piece . Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Deepti said...

This is sooooooooo pretty Cathy :), I am terrible in making such cards :( I can see a winner in this card :) good luck

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely stunning! I adore the weathered stamp for the background and the coloring of the butterfly is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow... this is beautiful! I cannot believe that is a background stamp. It looks like designer paper. Your butterfly is great and I like the addition of the greenery. So glad to have you play with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

scrappymo! said...

This is a beautiful card...Love the pretty butterfly on that gorgeous textured crackle background!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a beautiful card Cathy! Love the crackled background! Thanks so much for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Di said...

Fabulous background Cathy and I love the butterfly - a super card all round!

Hugs, Di xx

Hettie said...

Wow Cathy! This absolutely rocks my boat! The colours. The simplicity. The techniques. And of course a flutterby. Love Love Love this!
xx

Kerry said...

Lovely card and what a fantastic background, it's so effective. Thank you for joining in at Cuttlebug Mania this week.

Ruth M said...

Wonderful CASE of Ellen's card Cathy - I love the CAS feel and the beautifully coloured butterfly! The Weathered stamp was just perfect, I have that and must use it again!
Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational & I hope you come back soon! Ruth x

Michelle said...

Lovely! Your background is very cool. Thanks for playing along with The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.

Meighan Wheller said...

Lovely card Cathy. Love how you have used the CASE to inspire you. Love the technique you have used. The butterfly with the hint of colour is a perfect choice. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational this week. Meighan DT

Bonnie said...

Love the butterfly and the background! A wonderful CAS card as always!