Saturday 3 May 2014

Journey Tag


I wanted to make a card that linked up with a few challenges and had hoped to be off my butterfly craze, but unfortunately I've still got a few to finish and use!


I sponged over the stamped and embossed Journey stamp with distress inks. The tag looks yellower in real life but I think when I've spritzed the water it's landed more in the centre.

I'm linking up to the Holiday challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More

At Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge the theme is not so mellow yellow!

At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge the theme is anything goes.

Materials used:
Memory Box journey; Hero Arts buterfly stamps; Versafine ink & clear embossing powder; distress inks; inktense pencils; stylized flower embossing folder.

Thanks for visiting :)
Cathy x

11 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy :-) I love the yellow with the embossed kraft background and the butterfly is stunning ! I wouldn't say 'unfortunately',, I would say the opposite ! they are all beautiful ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Laura Sterckx said...

This is gorgeous. The butterfly is so pretty and I love the embossed background. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

rachel said...

stunning cathy xx

jimlynn said...

Cathy, this is stunning! Love the bright yellow against that beautiful brown background! Fabulous little butterfly too!
Lynn

roffeycreations said...

Yeah - when it comes to your butterflies unfortunately is not the word that springs to mind.... LOL
I love the craft embossed background - fabulous contrast with the yellow.... Mxx

Danielle Vincent said...

Beautiful!! I don't think you can ever have enough butterflies on creations myself :o) Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow! When you incorporate butterflies as beautifully as you did, there is no need to apologize for being in a "crazed butterfly" mode! I love the simplicity of this tag, yet it is also so elegant and sophisticated. The text background looks stunning against the dimensional butterfly, which looks so realistic! You've also done a masterful job with your coloring techniques. Truly a lovely tag and I hope you keep working with butterflies! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Brenda in IN said...

Love the tag and it looks great on the embossed background.

Deepti said...

oh this is so beautiful!! You should continue ur butterfly craze because, I guess all of us just enjoy these beauties. I like the color combo n the inked embossing in the BG :) Thank you for sharing with ATSM !!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Love your butterflies. Please stay on the Craze, look forward to seeing more of them. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

Mrs A. said...

Can't be enough butterflies for me. Love this embossed look. Hugs Mrs a.