Thursday 29 December 2016

Watercoloured hearts.


Hi everyone, it's been so long since I've posted!
 Lots of ongoing health issues in my family, so crafting had to be put on hold for a while. I'm on holidays now so can squeeze in some card making!

I hope everyone had a happy Christmas and that 2017 is a great year for everyone!

This was a quick and easy card to make, The hearts are diecut from a piece of watercolour paper, painted with Kuretake Gansai paints. The sentiment is from Annabelle Stamps, all framed with an embossing folder.

I'm joining the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday anything goes challenge.

The white inlay for the hearts is cut from a scrap of white card.  Using snippets means I can also pop over the the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop. (There's not much time left so be quick if you want to play along!)

Supplies:
Memory Box Sofia Heart die; Annabelle Stamps Weddings Medallion sentiment (now closed down); versafine ink & clear ep; Kuretake Gansai watercolours; Stately embossing folder.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy the rest of the season's festivities,
Cathy x

13 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Love your card, perfect getting ready for Valentine's Day. I hope all the health issues have cleared up and everyone is well. Wishing you a very happy, healthy New Year to you and your family.

Di said...

Gorgeous card Cathy and I love the die you used so perfectly with that wonderful sentiment. Great Valentine's Day card!

Hugs

Di xx

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Cathy, love the heart die cuts. Hope everyone is ok at home. Sometimes it feels like its never ending. Take care xx Aileen

Pat said...

This is a beautiful CAS card and I love those prettily coloured hearts Cathy and complementary sentiment and perfectly framed with the embossing. I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas and that the family health issues will be improved so you are able to make lots more of your gorgeous cards throughout 2017. x

Darnell said...

Your snippets design is beautiful, Cathy! I'm glad to see you getting a chance to create and post! I wish you and your family all the best in the new year for a return to good health! Hugs, Darnell

BożenA said...

I love the look of these hearts. Visually they are convex, as if they had in thickness. as pillows in the shape of a heart. Great idea.

Donna said...

Beautiful design, Cathy. X

Lin said...

I love anything with hearts and this is a special one, Cathy! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful card Cathy. Love that framing with the embossing folder an added special touch.

Sue - said...

What a pretty card, perfect for an anniversary. Hope all the health issues are being resolved.

Carol L said...

This is such a wonderful card with a beautiful CAS design! I love those water colored hearts, and I'm so glad you found a little time to get crafty once again :) Happy New Year!

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful card. The hearts are so delicate and very pretty!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Cathy ... sweet interlinked hearts and a delicious embossed frame! Wishing you and your family health and happiness in 2017! Hugs, Anita :)