Sunday 23 July 2017

Owl and tissue paper moon.


Hi everyone, I have a friend who loves owls and am hoping they like this card!

It's a similar design to one I created earlier this month, using crinkled tissue paper glued to a circle, sprayed with brushed pewter stain, then embossed with liquid platinum powder to give it lots of shine and texture. Loll has a great video tutorial on this technique. 
The sentiment is stamped in versafine and embossed with fine silver metallic powder.

Here's a closer look at the moon.



I'm linking up to the challenge at The Male Room where the theme is mixed media.


At Addicted to Stamps & More it's anything goes.


At Poppystamps the theme is to add bling.
The brushed pewter distress spray stain, liquid platinum and silver metallic embossing add lots of sparkle and shine, so I hope that counts as masculine bling!
6a01157003623c970c01b8d25908ec970c-320wi

Supplies:
Poppystamps wise owl die: Memory Box woodland branch die; Spellbinders circle die; tissue paper; multi matte medium; brushed pewter distress spray stain; versamark ink and liquid platinum embossing powder; Hero Arts shoot for the moon stamp, versafine ink and wow fine silver embossing powder.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Yes I thought I was seeing things, as I loved your first card so much (it had stayed in my head) and I love your second version just as much. The Owl works so well with the night theme and the sentiment is perfect x Masculine bling is good for me xx

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely, atmospheric scene and I'm sure your friend will love it. Fantastic technique on the moon!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Pat said...

Another really pretty card Cathy using the tissue paper technique on the moon, and a great owl sitting on the branch this time, and love the sentiment. x

Christine Alexander said...

Awesome card. The crinkled tissue and EP are the perfect combination to make a moon :)

Anita in France said...

Wow, Cathy ... what a striking and gorgeous card ... that shimmery veined tissue paper moon is stunning! Hugs, Anita :)

Susanne Vargas said...

This tissue paper technique is perfect for creating a moon! I'll have to try that! Fabulous card!

Cat Craig said...

Fantastic card, and I am sure your friend will love it.

pam said...

Fantastic card design Cathy, love the moon and owl.
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
Pam x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful card, love the idea and the creation. Thanks for playing at The Male Room. Faith DT

Andreja said...

I like your mixed media card and I like the CAS style. Such a beautiful work :-))
I am so glad you played along with us at The Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

Barbetka said...

beautiful CAS card :)

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I do like the texture in the moon - super take on the challenge. And it's CAS too! So sorry to be so late commenting. Thanks so much for playing along with our Mixed Media challenge at The Male Room, Deborah. DT.

roffeycreations said...

Love your tissue paper moons.... Mxxx