Sunday 14 January 2018

ATC with crackle paste.


Hi everyone, I've made a few cards during my holidays but haven't had a chance to upload them as yet!

This is my first ever ATC and I've used it as a trial for some new toys!

I cut a piece of heavy cardstock to 3.5 x 2.5 inches, then spread the crackle embossing paste through the  VI Fibres stencil.  I let it air dry, then sprinkled on some sage green and golden sand infusions powder and spritzed with water.

To add colour to the crackle paste I painted on some raw umber and patina antiquing cream. When that was dry I wiped some of it off with a damp paper towel.

Next I distressed the edges with vintage photo distress ink and gave that a spritz of water too. I should've used watercolour paper as this poor cardstock has been dried so much I was worried it wouldn't straighten out! Adding a couple of mat layers helped to sort that, although it added a little bit to the size of the card.

The butterfly was fussy cut and coloured with prismacolour pencils.

I'm linking up to the challenge at PaperArtsy, where the theme for January is ATCs.

PaperArtsy

At Take it Make It Craft Stamper Challenge, it's anything goes as long as you include stamping.

Take It, Make It ChallengeLatest Issue!

Edited to add: thought I'd put a copy of the cover here too, as my ATC won and was published!

I used a snippet of kraft card and turquoise card as my mats so I'm also linking up to the snippets playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

Snippets Playground Badge

Edited to add: I'm also linking up to a new to me mixed media challenge at
 The Mixed Media monthly Challenge where the theme is ring in the new. My antiquing cream, crackle paste and stencil were all new toys.

Image may contain: text

Supplies:
Visible Image fibres stencil; Ranger opaque crackle paste; PaperArtsy infusions; Deco Art antiquing cream; Stampin Up Best of butterflies stamp; Prismacolour pencils; Technique Tuesday sentiment stamp Take Flight; versafine ink & clear ep.; Sharpie white paint pen.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

37 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I love the texture and dimension along with the design the crackle paste made. Beautiful.

Corrie Herriman said...

Beautiful !

Loll said...

This is AWESOME Cathy! Love the crackle paste topped with infusions. Add some antique cream really brought out the cracks. Gorgoeus butterfly to top off your vintage-look ATC. xx

Di said...

Wow Cathy, what a stunning ATC! So much lovely detail and a few techniques there as well - great result.

Hugs

Di xx

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Cathy ... I love how the crackle paste mimics the delicately veined butterfly wings ... a miniature work of art! Hugs, Anita :)

Ina G said...

I LOVE playing with crackle paste and what you did here looks stunning. Fabulous bits of colour added to it. Nice background and your butterfly finishes off your ATC beautifully. Look forward to seeing what else you made during the holidays.

Sarah G said...

Well this is a fabulous first ATC, Cathy! I love the texture from the crackle paste...you have packed lots of great techniques in to this mini project :) Thank you for sharing it with us at Craft Stamper's Take It, Make It challenge.

Christine Alexander said...

absolutely stunning, I love how the background colour peaks through the crackle. Love, love, love it :)

Chris Dring said...

OMGee! This is GORGEOUS! Love the grungy look, that crackle paste is fabulous, and the pop of color from the butterfly is pure genius!

Liz said...

Brilliant ATC, Cathy. I love the effect of the crackle paste. xx

Megan J said...

Hi Cathy, a very pretty ATC card, love the colours and the brighter blue of the butterfly, stay cool..... Megan

Karen Dunbrook said...

love the faint colour on the crackle...reminded me of stained glass actually...great card mf.
xx Karen

Julie B said...

Fab ATC, love the crackle medium and the butterfly. :)

Pat said...

This is fabulous Cathy and love the beautiful crackles and the rich background colour is complemented so prettily by that blue butterfly and adore the white gel pen dots you have added. x

sharon said...

Cathy your card is magnificent I do love the crackle, you have a lot of patience. You certainly have spread you wings!
Hugs
sharon :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Eye-catching beautiful crackles, Cathy! I love the colors you topped on the crackles. The elegant butterfly is the perfect addition to the vintage-look ATC. Hideko xx

Mrs A. said...

This little ATC sure packs a punch. what it lacks in size it makes up for in awesomeness. Love it. Hugs Mrs A.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgeous wee creation there Cathy... so cute, you remind me I’ve some crackle medium on a shelf which is a NBUS. Well done trial you succeed.
Thanks so much for popping over and saying hi, you made my day. We’re very bkessed here on coast near sea we miss a lot of the heat even few km inland...hope you don’t cook too much and we get some rain, oh we need it, going to have to water tomorrow!
Hugs, Shaz in Oz..x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

MaryH said...

Gor-JUSS! Always such fun to pop over here, and see what new techniques you are sharing. I've not had the greatest success with the crackle paste, so I'm really admiring this one. I like your idea of sprinkling the infusions over the dried paste, as it added so much pretty color. Of course the wonderful butterfly adds a brilliant touch of color to such a beautiful ATC. Well DONE! TFS

geezercrafter said...

Wow, stunning ATC, all those techniques in such a small space. FAB.

Cat Craig said...

WOW, what a lovely piece of art, Cathy.

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Gorgeous atc :) love the colors and crackle texture. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper's TIMI challenge.

Julia said...

Wow, I love the mosaic look of the crackle on your ATC. The infusions on top look stunning.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That crackle looks amazing! I looks almost like its floating on your background!

sharon said...

Wow this is amazing, lovely colours and v design.
I bought some crackle paste on Saturday l am looking forward to having a little play around with it.
Hugs
sharon :)

Little Artbee said...

Oh wow your crackle Mosaik looks gorgeous and the nice butterfly is a perfect eyecatcher. A wonderful card!
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Melina Dahl Minas kreativa said...

Beautiful ATC! Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Stamper Take it Make it challenge // Melina

Linda said...

This is a beautiful ATC ... I love the texture. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

shirley-bee said...

This is fabulous, Cathy! Love that crackle textured background. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It!

ElizabethR said...

What a gorgeous ATC, love the crackle background. Thanks for sharing with us at the Craft Stamper challenge, Elizabeth x

Cheremane said...

Stunning Thanks so much for joining us over at Craft Stamper Challenge Good Luck xx

Mac Mable said...

Many congratulations on the win over at The Crafter Stamper with this stunning ATC. Love the colours, the texture and the techniques. Fabulous inspiration....Thank you x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Congrats on your Craft Stamper win! The crackle looks amazing!

Karen said...

Love this! The crackle is fabulous, this card really pops. Thanks for joining us at Mix Media Monthly

roffeycreations said...

Congrats on the Design Team win - love it & You!!! Mxxx

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh my goodness this is amazing! Wow, I love the stencil and crackle against your awesome background colors. Stunning design! Hugs, Autumn

Christine Alexander said...

awesome your card made it to the front cover of Craft stampers May issue. One of the most stunning cards I've seen in a long time :)