Tuesday 29 December 2015

Butterfly happiness


Hi again, we have an invasion of bats outside at the moment screeching and carrying on!
The spotted gum trees are in blossom and the bats must love them. They roost a few kilometres away from here in some trees by the river. When you look at the sky on dusk there are hundreds of them flying by!

I received this Memory Box sentiment stamp for christmas and paired it with a butterfly from my stash of finished images. The background is another faux glazed glass watercolor. I'm getting addicted to making them!

The challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday is for a winter wonderland, so I've gone with blues and silver.
Simon Monday Challenge Blog

The theme at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday is to make it sparkle. As well as the bling, I've added Finetec silver paint in the background and as a border for the panel, it really shimmers and sparkles, though it's hard to see in the pic.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Supplies:
Kuretake and Finetec watercolor paints; Darkroom Door butterfly coloured with prismacolor pencils; Memory Box sentiment.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

16 comments:

Kath said...

A lovely card and a fabulous sentiment.
Kath x

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Cathy, a fabulous background inking with such a beautiful sentiment and pretty butterfly!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

BożenA said...

Wow, what a beautiful backdrop. Great card.
Have a nice evening, Cathy,
BozenA

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Cathy ... there's such a lovely glow of light and shimmer in that background ... seems it's shining on that beautiful butterfly! Hugs, Anita :)

Liz said...

Beautiful card! I love the gorgeous background. xx

Karren said...

Such a gorgeous card, Cathy! Your background is amazing and I just love that sentiment.

Teresa Kline said...

hello Cathy! what an amazing background...the blue is gorgeous! so glad you played along with simon says stamp wedneday challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Darnell said...

That is a truly stunning background, Cathy! I hope your Christmas was wonderful and I wish you all the best of everything in the new year!! Don't get in the way of those bats!! Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

Cathy I think this is one of your best ever cards. That background is absolutely stunning, and what a perfect verse to go with this pretty butterfly. Making backgrounds IS so addictive, and I love the faux marble effects too.Wishing you a healthy & happy 2016, with lots of crafting time. Hope the bats depart soon! Must be noisy. TFS & Hugs

BożenA said...

Very beautiful watercolor background. Great card.
Cathy also wish you and all your family a happy new year.
hugs,
BozenA

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow! I never thought of a bat invasion when I think of the holidays, but it certainly made for an entertaining post to read! And I thought your interpretation of our Winter Wonderland theme was very clever. The blues and silvers you used and gorgeous and that butterfly does look as if it could soar right off the page. Great attention to detail and the whole thing turned out beautifully. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and I wish you many more hours of happy crafting in 2016!

roffeycreations said...

Great background - very effective... Mxxx

Pia S said...

The background looks amazing and makes a wonderful backdrop for the lovely sentiment and butterfly...

Linda Vich said...

I love this card! Can you explain how you created the background? It's very unique!

Cathy said...

Hi Linda, I've emailed you but thought I'd reply here too. This technique was coined by Sandy Allnock. I've used it a few times and have a link to her video tutorial on a few of my other cards using this technique. Here's the link again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOMVB3Dewnk

It uses lots of watercoloured layers, dried in between. Lots of messy fun! Cathy x

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous...love it!
I hate bats!