Monday 28 December 2015

Doggie birthday


Hi everyone, I hope you had a blessed Christmas and are enjoying the rest of the festive season.
I've had a lovely time catching up with family.

This wee dog was one of my chrissy presents. I diecut him and was all set to use him when hubby suggested he needed fur! Snow tex to the rescue. I added black acrylic paint to colour it.

The background is one of my watercolors using Sandy Allnock's technique of faux glazed glass that I've used heaps of times. I love making them.

Di and the crew at the snippets playground are having a massive celebration so I'm joining in at
Pixie's Crafty Workshop. There are lots of lovely prizes to win and you only need to use 1 snippet.
The dogs and their collars and the grass are all cut from scraps, most of which went back into the box for another day as there was a tiny bit that might still be perfect for a diecut!

Pixies Crafty Workshop

At Seize the Birthday there's an option of using red & white. I've gone for the anything goes birthday option.

Supplies:
Marianne scotty dog die; Poppy Stamps grass die; Snowtex paste; black acrylic paint; Kuretake and Finetec watercolor paints; distress inks; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

10 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Cathy, well how utterly cute is your wee Scottie dog, and great additions to your card.
Thanks for popping over, every blessing of the Lord for 2016,
Shaz in Oz.x

sandie said...

Hi Cathy, hope you had a wonderful break. I adore you added the fur xx

Di said...

LOVE this card Cathy - those little dogs are just adorable. Clever idea to add the texture too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

These little dogs are fabulous Cathy and I love the background too. Hope you had a really lovely Christmas and wishing you a happy, healthy and creative new year. x

Sarn said...

I'm in total agreement with what Di said (above).

Hugs, Sandra Stamping For Pleasure

Mrs A. said...

I love your sweet Scottie duo. Hugs Mrs A.

Anita in France said...

Your little dogs are so playful and fun, Cathy ... their 'fur' is fantastic! Hugs, Anita :)

Anni said...

Aaaawww, the dogs are so cute!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
Anni

OttawaMom said...

Super cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

roffeycreations said...

Scottie Terriers - so cute!!! Like on the bottle of scotch!!!Mxxx