Tuesday 29 December 2015

Snowy look a like!


Hi everyone, I'm still playing with my new dog die, although some of the other new toys are beckoning to me!
My boys used to read Tintin books when they were younger and one of them said this wee dog looked like Snowy!

I think this card fits the mixed media challenge at Happy Little Stampers.


I looked up the guidelines as it's not a style I do very often. Stamps, ink and 2 other methods of adding dimension.
So the sentiment, which is from one of the sets I was lucky enough to win at Happy Little Stampers, covers the first part. I've used snow tex paste to add texture to the dog and an embossing folder to add interest to the base card. 

I'm also adding another entry to the snippets playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

Pixies Crafty Workshop

In addition to the collar and stars, the tartan ribbon is a scrap I saved from a christmas cake we received! I had to cut the width in half as it was too wide to thread through the tag, some glossy accents at the base will hopefully stop it fraying.

Edited to add: I'm also linking up to the anything goes challenge at Happy Little Stampers anything goes challenge. Thanks Kylie!



Supplies:
Marianne scotty dog die; MFT traditional & pierced stax tag dies; Fiskars star punch; Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash sentiment (masked to stamp separately); versacolor white ink & white ep; distressed stripes embossing folder.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

9 comments:

Greta said...

LOVE the dog die & oh what a wonderful way to use it! This is fabulous!

Aileen said...

Great card Cathy, love the dog die. Great colours used.

Anita in France said...

Yep, this little guy really does look like Snowy, Cathy ... he's such a cutie! Hugs, Anita :)

Di said...

Love this Cathy - the doggie is wonderful and the tartan a perfect addition!

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

Lovely design - I love all the texture. Great dog die! xx

Carol L said...

THis is the cutest little dog and he makes for one fun tag on your card! I love the texture of his "fur!"

Kylie said...

The dog is so cute!!! Love the texture. Don't forget to link up at the HLS Anything Goes challenge using HLS stamps! There are monthly mystery prizes to be won. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx
Here is the link to the Anything Goes challenge - http://www.happylittlestampers.com/p/anything-goes.html

Susan said...

Love the way you used the Snow Tex paste on the dog! Adorable tag design for your card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

roffeycreations said...

Another cute doggie Mxxx