Monday 21 December 2015

Stained glass watercolor


Hi everyone, I hope your Christmas preparations are going well. I'm having a break from house work and will venture out for last minute shopping tomorrow.

I've made a few more watercolored panels with my Kuretake paints, it's so relaxing and if you're not happy with the results just add more water!

Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge is calling for Just a Pinch.
I used a pinch or spash of Finetec gold watercolor paint on my panel.

Simon Monday Challenge Blog

At Seize the Birthday there is an option of red & white. I've gone with anything goes birthday.


At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday it's die crazy.
I've used Memory Box Willow Dragonfly and Lucienne Tile.I think the tile diecut makes the panel look like stained glass.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Inspirational is anything but Christmas.


and so is Allsorts.

Grab our logo

Supplies:
Memory Box Lucienne Tile and Willow Dragonfly dies: Kuretake Gansai & Finetec watercolor paints; twinkling H2O's; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

15 comments:

Lucille K said...

Lovely card, such pretty coloring too :)

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card! The colours on the panel are just stunning. xx

Kath said...

A lovely card - your watercolour panel is fabulous.
Kath x

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

BożenA said...

beautiful, very beautiful, a wonderful card. I love this, "stained glass" MB and watercolor background is unique. I love these colors.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
hugs,
BozenA

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your stained glass panel....how beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

sandie said...

Your water colouring is wonderful, it is really relaxing, I agree. Thanks for joining Ink

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and elegant card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year;-))m

Nancy said...

Love your stained glass panel and those dragonflies! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Anita in France said...

Striking and stunning, Cathy ... seems the light really is behind your stained glass panel! Hope you've had a wonderful Christmas! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

roffeycreations said...

Great background - and those glassy dragonflies are brilliant Mxxx

cm said...

A stunning stained glass panel and the wee dragonflies are the perfect embellishment! WOW! Thank you so much for sharing your artistry at Inkspirational! Happy New Year!
~c

Linda Vich said...

Cathy, this is very pretty! I really like that you offset the panel to the left. Do you have some sort of tutorial for these backgrounds?

Cathy said...

Hi Linda, this is a technique coined by Sandy Allnock. She has a video tutorial that I have linked in a few of my other posts. Here it is again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOMVB3Dewnk

Cathy x