Thursday 21 January 2016

More smooshed soft colours


Hi everyone. my holidays are nearly over so I thought I'd better get back into the craft room before life gets too busy again!

This tag uses up the rest of the sheet I made smooshing leftover distress inks from another project. I'd used fired brick, mustard seed and walnut stain. This piece has less yellow and more red so I thought I'd go with a valentine's theme. The colours are pale as I used a lot of water picking up the inks.

The hearts are diecut from some of the pink sheet and 2 are coloured with gold champagne gelatos, they turned out kraft coloured! The Love diecut was coloured with the gelatos too. I masked the tiny you stamp from a stamp in the Happy Little Stampers thinking of you set.

I stencilled on top with TH flourish stencil and antique linen distress ink.

Inkspirational is celebrating their 100th challenge, congratulations!! I've gone with the colour challenge#87, anything goes with Kraft.


Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge has a smooshing theme.


Simon Says Stamp Monday has a best friends theme.
That would be my hubby, so this card is for him!

Simon Monday Challenge Blog
At Addicted to Stamps & More the theme is to make your mark. I used distress inks.



Supplies:
Dies: MFT tag & pierced tag stax; Memory Box heart delights; Couture Creations script love.
Other: distress inks; Tim Holtz flourish layered stencil; Happy Little Stampers thinking of you stamp; versafine ink; gelatos; scrap of ribbon; foam tape; kraft card base.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

18 comments:

Karren said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous!

Monica said...

This is so gentle and charming.

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, love the soft colours. I never seem to get my colours light enough and I love this look. So pretty

Susanne Vargas said...

This background is way to pretty to waste it! So glad you had enough to make another card with it! Love the soft coloring!

maria f. said...

A girl after my own heart... made when mopping up left over DI from another project. YAY for you! The pale is lovely too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy! What a lovely card you made! I love the touch of gold!!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challange Blog!
Hugs, Zoey!

Loll said...

So pretty. Love the soft colours of your smooshed background with the stenciling over top. And that "Love" die is so pretty --- need to get me one of those! :) xx

Bobby said...

I love the softness of your smooshed colors, Cathy. The stencil on top and the drifting hearts all add to the beauty of your card. I'm glad you shared it with us at ATSM this week.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, this so delicate and sweet. Love that gorgeous love die-cut. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful...love the softness of the stenciled bkg on the tag...

Brenda in IN said...

I love this. The gold Love is beautiful and I like how you did the little hearts.

Anita in France said...

Oooh, soft and pretty, Cathy ... the flourishy sentiment is perfect with that delicate background! Hugs, Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How pretty with those colors! I am always choosing bright ones... maybe next time I should give subtle colors a try...

Shona Chambers said...

This is so beautiful and I love that you have the tag on such a natural background so it can be the star!! I love the colours and patterns you used on the tag and that sentiment die-cut is so pretty. So very glad you shared this with us at ATSM this week!

Nonni said...

Oh how beautiful and soft this looks! I always love tag cards too. :) Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

SewPaperPaint said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

BożenA said...

Your background tag is perfect. The colors perfectly complementary. Beautiful card. very beautiful!
hugs,
BozenA

roffeycreations said...

Stunning card Cathy xxxx